[StBernard] MINUTES OF OPERATIONS BRIEFING - Aug 28

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Sep 5 19:44:13 EDT 2006

MINUTES OF OPERATIONS BRIEFING
Monday, August 28, 2006, 8:00 a.m.

David Peralta, Chief Administrative Officer

Present: 26

Emergency Operations: Larry Ingargiola.
1. We are still monitoring the storm that could get into the Gulf we are not
letting our guard down.
2. We are having a radio training meeting in OEP office Wednesday, August
30, at 10:30 a.m.
Community Development: Gina Hayes
1. This past Saturday's electricians permit day was a success.

Public Works and Water and Sewer: Chris Merkl.
Linda Daly reports:
1. We are having an issue with residents tampering with our pumps at some
pumping stations. They turned off the pumps and pulled the batteries. If
anyone is caught they will be arrested.

Recovery: John Rahaim.
1. Still continuing to clean homes.
Public Assistance:
Residential: Craig Taffaro.
1. We have a special Council meeting this morning.
2. We are reforming our neighborhood organizations program with support of
the councilmen.
3. Tuesday Anniversary events include: 7:00 a.m. mass at OLPS, 8:30 a.m.
Breakfast at CHS, 11:00 a.m. at Shell Beach, 5:00 p.m. Bell Ringing at the
bell tower on Judge Perez Drive.
Business: Charles Ponstein.
1. Lots of work has been done for tomorrow's ceremony at Shell Beach for
11:00 a.m. We would like to thank URG and Charlie Reppel.
Volunteers: Gidget McDougall.
1. We do have copies of the historic properties in the parish.
2. The Dr. Phil program that was taped here in St. Bernard will be aired on
September 11, 2006.
Agriculture/Wildlife and Fisheries: Ricky Melerine. Not present.
Lake Borgne Basin Levee District: Bob Turner. Not present.
Medical: Dr. Bryan Bertucci.
1. We will meet with the LRA Wednesday regarding a hospital. The Meeting
will be held in Baton Rouge from 8:00 to 10:00 a.m.
EMS: Janie Fuller. Not present.
Public Safety: Sheriff's Office. Pete Tufaro.
1. We will follow up on the events that are being held on Tuesday August 29,
2006 with assistance from the Sheriff's office.
2. We are on yellow alert for the storm until we are out of danger.
Fire Department: Leon Lea.
1. We continue to have structural fires, two were hazmat fires.
Environmental Issues:
CDC and DEQ: Wayne Desselle. Not present.
EPA: Not present.
Murphy Oil: Carl Zornes. Not present.
Parish Government:
Parks and Recreation: John Metzler, Jr.
1. Still working on the six projects to get started at our parks and gyms.
General Information:
Next meeting scheduled for Tuesday, September 5, 2006, at 8 a.m.