[StBernard] MINUTES OF OPERATIONS BRIEFING - Aug 24

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Sep 5 19:43:01 EDT 2006

MINUTES OF OPERATIONS BRIEFING
Thursday, August 24, 2006, 8:00 a.m.

David Peralta, Chief Administrative Officer

Present: 24

Emergency Operations: Larry Ingargiola. Not present.
Community Development: Gina Hayes
1. We are gearing up for the electricians permit day Saturday in brown and
white tent behind the complex building. David Peralta announced that we
would have engineers here as well for the residents.

Public Works and Water and Sewer: Chris Merkl.
Curry reports:
1. Demolition is continues.
2. Continue to pick up tree debris on right-of-ways (between the street and
their sidewalk) and demolition is on-going we are in Zone 9 picking up.
3. The houses on Golden Drive are on schedule to be removed today.
Recovery: John Rahaim.
1. Still gutting homes with our volunteers.
2. Monday we will have a bus of people coming in the parish for 8:00 a.m. to
tour the parish and Camp Hope.
Public Assistance:
Residential: Craig Taffaro.
1. Trailer issues are still moving slow. ABF issues; meeting with the LRA
and there is some movement adopted.

Business: Charles Ponstein.
1. Trisha's Bakery is now open at 601 West St. Bernard Hwy. Tuesday through
Sunday 6:00 to 4:00 p.m.
2. Tony's PoBoys is trying to open soon.
3. Burger King will re-open in 4 to 5 months on East Judge Perez with a new
building.
4. We do have someone coming down to re-open a Presbyterian Church in
Poydras area.
Volunteers: Gidget McDougall. Not present.
Agriculture/Wildlife and Fisheries: Ricky Melerine. Not present.
Lake Borgne Basin Levee District: Bob Turner. Not present.
Medical: Dr. Bryan Bertucci.
1. We have a LRA meeting August 30th .
EMS: Janie Fuller.
1. We have the second unit in Meraux area from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
2. Pro-Med is no longer working here in the parish.
Public Safety: Sheriff's Office. Pete Tufaro. Not present.

Fire Department: Leon Lea.
1. We are working our daily duties.
Environmental Issues:
CDC and DEQ: Wayne Desselle. Not present.
EPA: Not present.
Murphy Oil: Carl Zornes. Not present.
Parish Government:
Parks and Recreation: John Metzler, Jr.
1. Soccer registration continues.
General Information:
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, August 28, 2006, at 8 a.m.
Operations meetings will be held only on Monday's for 8:00 a.m.