[StBernard] From NOLA City Business...

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Sep 6 22:09:33 EDT 2006

Vitter straightens out Corps confusion
By CityBusiness staff report

METAIRIE - Sen. David Vitter, R-Metairie, today reaffirmed his position on
Mississippi River Gulf Outlet with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. After
the conference call, Vitter made the following statement:

"I really think we've gotten the Corps back on track. They assured me today
that deepdraft navigation through MRGO is off the table and they are focused
on the important restoration work needed to replenish the wetlands MRGO has
destroyed. That's essential to protect St. Bernard Parish and New Orleans
East in particular."
The Corps also promised to include business relocation costs in its
recommendations and consult extensively with state and local officials..

******
Gee...I hope that clear enough for the Corps. I think everyone except the
COE was pretty clear about what was wanted and needed!

JLY