[StBernard] MINUTES OF OPERATIONS BRIEFING - Sep 5

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Sep 6 22:11:49 EDT 2006

MINUTES OF OPERATIONS BRIEFING
Tuesday, September 05, 2006, 8:00 a.m.

David Peralta, Chief Administrative Officer

Present: 14
Emergency Operations: Larry Ingargiola. Not present.
Community Development: Gina Hayes
1. We are putting our list together for the forced demolistion of homes that
were 100% damage.
This list will be presented to the Council at today's meeting.

Public Works and Water and Sewer: Chris Merkl.
1. We will start pulling water meters from homes that are vacant and for
those who have not paid their water bill.
Curry reports:
1. Demolition continues.
2. Friday we added more crews for debris pickup.
Recovery: John Rahaim.
1. Still gutting homes with our volunteers.
Public Assistance:
Residential: Craig Taffaro.
1. We still have a number of trailer issues we are dealing with to be
resolved. We are getting trailers moved all residents are required to
follow Fema procedures.
2. We have an important Council meeting agenda today.
Business: Charles Ponstein. Not present.
Volunteers: Gidget McDougall.
1. We have a company from New York coming to and view the Katrina Cottage.
2. I will travel to Baton Rouge Thursday for a meeting with Ms. Landrieu.
Agriculture/Wildlife and Fisheries: Ricky Melerine. Not present.
Lake Borgne Basin Levee District: Bob Turner.
1. We got news from the Corps that a section of the levee in Verret and
Caernarvon, was not damaged during Katrina but will be bringing that up to a
higher height. This work should start in December and will take six months.
2. We will look into the system to see what is going to be done for the 100
year protection with the Corps.
3. Debris on the canal right of-ways is still a problem we need to get this
picked up. We are contacting Fema to see if our local contractors can pick
the debris up. We can not maintain our canals with the debris in the way.
4. We had talked with Fema a few months ago about getting the debris picked
up on the river batcher. We need to meet with Fema being we know of other
parish's that had their debris picked up by the Corps. This is going to
result in problems with the river rising.
Medical: Dr. Bryan Bertucci.
1. We met with LRA last week, they may send some reps. here to view the
parish to see if they can help us get a hospital.
2. Murphy has donated money to fix the Merrit Cemetery.
EMS: Janie Fuller. Not present.
Public Safety: Sheriff's Office. Pete Tufaro. Not present.

Fire Department: Leon Lea.
1. We are working our daily duties.
Environmental Issues:
CDC and DEQ: Wayne Desselle. Not present.
EPA: Not present.
Murphy Oil: Carl Zornes. Not present.
Parish Government:
Parks and Recreation: John Metzler, Jr.
General Information:
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, September 11, 2006, at 8 a.m.