[StBernard] Anyone heard anything about this?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Sep 15 22:47:45 EDT 2006

I've experienced the same thing. I have United Fire/Lafayette. Our premium
went up about 85%. We reduced our coverage to make the cost affordable and
I noticed during the course of organizing policy the additional charge
listed as Hurricane/LA Fair plan etc. I called my agent who explained that
all the insurance companies were farming out the wind portion and tacking on
the charges to us. Gee isn't that nice of them? I keep thinking about what
Ron Chapman said in his article a while back. It had to do with what
destroyed St. Bernard--it was the water and levees. He said to just look
around and notice how few home suffered roof damage. Guess the insurance
companies missed that memo.

Janet