[StBernard] Stop Signs

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Sep 15 22:48:49 EDT 2006

Can the parish take control over the intersections in the residential areas?
I know of several intersections where neither side has a stop sign. and some
have stop signs but they are so badly twisted that no one pays attention to
them even when they are visible above the weeds. Also, we need speed limit
signs posted as I see vehicles driving on Genie at a good 50 mph in the
middle of the street. I have had 3 near misses with some of these cars and
seen many more between other cars. Nor do they stop at the few remaining
stop signs along Genie, they just barrel through them and god-forbid anyone
is trying to cross. I think its past time to address this issue. It's a huge
safety concern for all of us living here.

Melissa