[StBernard] Red Cross Swimming Lessons

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Sep 20 21:51:48 EDT 2006

Melissa,

As you know the school board owns the pool and American Red Cross (per
Senator Deans request upon donation) had exclusive rights to teach water
safety classes. We have been told that the pool is completely ruined, what
Katrina did not do, the oil destroyed the rest. We will work with the
School Board to re-establish lesson "somewhere".

Judy
This is exactly why we need to get that program back up and running
for next
summer. I have been in contact with several of the other teachers
and
lifeguards from the red cross lessons and we are all willing to jump
back
into it. We could probably even find lots of help from among the
teachers as
well as the parents to clean and refurbish the Gary Dean Pool, where
the
lessons had taken place prior to Katrina. The first session
traditionally
started the first week of June, so we have plenty of time to do it.

Melissa