[StBernard] Shipping interests pushing for MR-GO

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 23 22:49:30 EDT 2006

I cannot believe these clowns are going to try and bullshit us again with
false benefits of the MRGO. Let me suggest this: if these businesses are so
confident the MRGO can be reopened and managed correctly, then are they
willing to each sign a $10 billion damage bond should the MRGO ever again
flood over Orleans and St. Bernard? You can bet your ass they wouldn't be
willing to go along with that - even though "they" are they only ones who
want the ship channel open and would make use of it.

Gee, what a deal!... get Congress to spend our tax dollars to reopen MRGO,
"they" get to use it and make money off it, but we homeowners get screwed
again when the next Katrina wipes us out again and we're left holding the
bag - and to bury those killed.

I wonder if David Kearney lives in St. Bernard or has any family here? Does
he or any businessman affiliated with the MRGO have any sense of morality?

- John Scurich