[StBernard] Murphy Buy Out

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Sep 28 23:07:29 EDT 2006

Westley,

I must respectfully disagree that the homes close to St. Bernard Hwy. had
little to no contact with the crude oil. Our property is close to the
middle between Judge Perez and St. Bernard Hwy. on Jacob and it was heavily
contaminated with oil. You could see it and smell it and it tested high in
oil and chemical levels inside and outside. I do agree that trusting Sidney

T. is a mistake. He found a way to ingratiate himself into the situation to

get himself a piece of the pie. I have already settled with Murphy and by
my calculations, the people in the class will be getting close to the same
thing that Murphy was already offering, the only difference is that Torres
got many more people to be included by getting the map extended. I guess
that is one benefit that came out of him being involved but it was still
self serving. It would also have been nice for the buy out area to extend
all the way to the 40 arpent canal. I wonder why it wasn't?

Laurie