[StBernard] Murphy Buy out etc.

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Sep 29 21:32:06 EDT 2006

Torres filed papers Wednesday for submittal and approval by Judge Fallon
that specifies that the offer by Murphy would be $40.00 per sq ft of living
area in the buy out area. Of course those homeowners that have left the
parish and have no disregards for those of us that are rebuilding will jump
at the offer. In addition if the entire 55 mil is not used by those of us
refusing the buyout, the buy out are could be extended. Of course the Judge
needs to sign off on this. Surely this was already negotiated between all
the parties prior to this being filed. Guess we'll see next week or when
the Judge signes off the documents.

Craig,
what about those homes that are in the buy out area that are on the demo
list? Should these be placed at the back of the demo list at this time and
concentrate or completing those elsewhere?

Westly, In response to Laurie from Jacob Dr,
there was a tank at Ohio St that had the containment dyke overflow with oil
down Ohio St which also sent oil down Jacob to St. Bernard hwy. Murphy
acknowledged this in writing soon after the storm. My residence on the
corner of Despaux and Ohio received most of the oil damage from that
incident. Notification of this incident in a statement from Murphy was
posted on the St. Bernard Parish web site last year I think around October.

Murphy seems to have enough ground adjacent to Jacob Dr. to build their
administration building requiring no rezoning changes. What they will need
could be parking areas that would utilize properties from the buyout.
jd