[StBernard] St. Bernard Area Job Openings, Manufacturing/Construction Imp...

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Sep 29 21:33:22 EDT 2006

Hey yall,
In all the discussions of shortages of skilled labor in Da Parish, nothing
is ever mentioned about where new workers would live. There are hundreds of
skilled workers from surrounding states who would dearly love to go down to
the G.N.O. area to help rebuild lives and homes. But where can they live
while working? You can't expect a carpenter from Arkansas or Texas or
Oklahoma to live in his pickup truck while building houses. No wonder there
is a shortage of labor, whether skilled or unskilled. There is still a
shortage of living space for residents much less for out of towners. Until
this conundrum is solved, progress is going to be slow. The work is there,
the workers are available but solving this dilemma will take some very
creative thinking. I don't have the answer either but I sure wish I did.
There with you in spirit,
Penny Tassin