[StBernard] Murphy Buy Out

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Sep 29 21:50:26 EDT 2006

Murphy Buy Out,

I was told today that all effort in the designated buyout area has been
stopped by Murphy, ie pressure washing/cleaning, digging up/changing oil.
Of course this does make since not to be spending good money for a house
that will be purchased by Murphy and demolished.

However, for those of us that have already rebuilt and or rebuilding, I
cannot purchase the same square foot home in any of the surrounding parishes
for the amount of money that will be offered in the buyout.

When the Judge signs the buyout documents how long is it going to be before
the homeowners will be contacted? How long will it be for those of us that
refuse the buyout to be able to have the balance of our agreement made
between Murphy and the homeowner be executed and completed?

Previously stated on this digest, many homes that have had the soil removed
and replaced when the residents have had no intentions to come back.

I for one want my soil dug out and replaced now so I can have my house
landscaped and get on with my retired life.
j dolese