[StBernard] Demo Deadline

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 11 17:29:03 EDT 2006

Kriste,

Sorry about the misinformation that you received. The deadline for signing
up for demolition without a cost share is October 15. The office is going
to be opened for the weekend because of the deadline date. The release from
the attorney is not needed for your request to be counted.

The notice was posted on the website and published in the paper and was on
the news as well.

There are over 800 homes that signed up for demolition that were in the oil
spill area even though demolitions were not being done on those homes. The
ones that needed to sign new ROE are still being counted.

The deadline is based on the time the process takes to get to demolition by
the end of the year so that there is no cost share to the owner or the
parish.

If you wish to sign up, then I would encourage you to do so- it will take
some time for the process to be completed and if there are hold ups because
of FEMA changing the rules or attorney issues you will not be penalized for
that.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have some other questions.

Good luck and God Bless,
Craig