[StBernard] A Letter from Senator Landrieu

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Oct 20 18:38:01 EDT 2006

October 20, 2006

Dear Friends,

Earlier this week, I traveled to New York City to bring our case for coastal
restoration and protection to the national news organizations that have
tremendous influence in the debate on Capitol Hill.

In productive meetings with the senior leadership of the New York Times,
CNN, ABC News and FOX News, I told them how important it is for Louisiana to
receive a greater share of the oil and gas revenues we generate off our
coast and how important it is that this revenue stream be directed to
restoring our wetlands and building stronger levees and flood control
systems.

I asked them to continue bringing our story to the American people, and
thanked them for all their reporting over the last 14 months.

I also sat down with Jon Scott, the anchor of FOX News Live on the FOX News
Channel, to discuss the upcoming elections and the state of hurricane
recovery along the Gulf Coast. With just over two weeks to go, I don't know
how the elections will turn out - but I do know that Americans are tired of
the partisan bickering they see every day in Washington. No matter who
wins, I hope the leaders of both parties will join me and others in working
across the aisle and getting down to the serious business of governing.

You Can Watch the FOX News Interview Now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp9n9c067xk

Next week, I will be in Acadiana, discussing hurricane preparedness in
Lafayette and taking stock of how our rice industry is recovering in
Crowley.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Best wishes,

Mary Landrieu