[StBernard] Jury System Days

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Oct 22 19:05:32 EDT 2006

To be honest, I enjoyed the "old" jury system better. They got things done,
people seemed happier (as I was), things went smoother and less haggling
amongst each other. Compare that to what's available now (not just in
"talent" but mired bureaucracy beyond anyone's imagination back then, most
bodies were much more intelligent than what's comprised presently, more
class then, and if those who say the old system's composition was less
corrupt, they should examine the newer system by comparison, only to see how
good St. Bernard really had it back then. No comparison, in fact. It outled
the present day Conglomerate, IMO. No offense to some, but those who lack
already know it. If only we could get St. Bernard back 20-30 yrs back.
(sigh!).. --mj.

Response to Jill:

Well that's just wonderful. Cresap does "one deed" right - which he should
have done anyway on behalf of the fishing industry in St. Bernard - and that
makes up for all the other misdeeds.

It's thinking like that which has kept corrupt and inept Louisiana elected
officials in office since the days of Huey Long. Judges are supposed to do
the right thing all of the time. It's not hard to do. Judges all over this
country do the right thing everyday. Perhaps we make exceptions in
Louisiana.

This reminds me of what I used to hear my parents say in the ole Police Jury
days...."that's alright that he steals off the system, he gives us a load of
shells in my driveway every four years. That makes up for it."

DEB