[StBernard] Stores relocating and coming back

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Nov 6 20:09:24 EST 2006

Debbie and George didn't bail on us, I think our store had done so
well, that they had expanded. I hope they are able to come back to
St.
Bernard once things settle down.

Yes, I hope they do. I heard they overcame hardships before and were
blessed through it somehow.
I can understand why some 'bail out'. It is probably not good business sense
to invest in a store here that caters to our sense of beauty and 'wants'
rather than 'needs', but those times will come again. PResently I would
probably not buy too many of such items other than for gifts, and even those
seem to be more practical in nature these days than they used to.
So a store like that would have a hard time to make a living for someone.
I am really impressed with the Olive Branch who has pretty stuff and also
food, a 'need' item, including the basic necessity of king cakes.
Those kind of ventures might really do well in our parish these days.
(well, I wont give up my day job because I have no business sense)

Gaby