[StBernard] Acquisition Policies and Procedures - Do they exist?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Nov 6 20:10:35 EST 2006

Jill,

the state bid law is pretty specific- that is what governs contracting
procedures. as far as professional service contracts, there is request for
proposals or a request for qualifications which allows a qualified list of
professionals/firms to receive professional service contracts- the home
rule charter grants the president fairly broad powers in signing contracts.
there is talk about legislation to require certain restrictions relative to
expending funds that are not in a specific budget line item.

we take the responsibility of the budget very serious- hopefully the
administration will follow the budget tightly this year.

Good luck and God Bless,
Craig