[StBernard] Greetings from Taipei: An e-postcard from Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Nov 8 22:02:01 EST 2006

We have been well received in cities across Asia as we put Louisiana on the radar screens of international business leaders who make major investment decisions.

Tonight we met with the Louisiana Friendship Association in Taipei, an organization with strong connections with Louisiana, be it through their business, university, or family roots. I also visited at length with the President of Taiwan, who understands the challenges we face. These leaders told me it took Taiwan five years to recover from the area's most recent devastating earthquake, but with persistence, they have done it. We remain just as dedicated in Louisiana and are making tremendous progress. Meanwhile, I continue my persistence with federal leaders back home. I had a great conversation with Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez in advance of his trip to Asia next week, regarding the unparalleled opportunities that exist in our Gulf Opportunity Zone parishes. I also called Congressional leaders on election night to remind them of Louisiana's unfinished business in Washington.

Our recovery requires strong investments in our economy, our
infrastructure and our people. We are determined to rebuild
smart, safer and stronger.

- Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco

During her two-week business development mission to Asia, Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco will share her experience with constituents through e-postcards. Her trip will take her to Japan, China, and Taiwan as she works to maintain relationships with investors who have projects or current investments in Louisiana while cultivating new investors exploring opportunities in the state.

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People
www.louisianahelp.org