[StBernard] Greetings from Taipei 11.9.06: An e-postcard from Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Nov 9 22:36:16 EST 2006

We have maintained our aggressive pace while traveling across East Asia to remind top international business leaders and public officials that Louisiana is the next great economic frontier. This economic development mission has been very productive and undoubtedly positions our state as a key player in the global economy.

I traveled to Tokyo, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Taipei for personal meetings with executives from a ariety of industries to sell Louisiana's great incentives and attractive business development packages.

Louisiana is rising as a place of unprecedented opportunity, thanks to the hard work of our people. One of several "fishing trips" ends today, but I will continue to cast a wide net to land good paying jobs and new investments. On my way back to Louisiana, I am stopping in Kuwait with my tackle box and lures as we explore another major opportunity.

- Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blan! co

During her two-week business development mission to Asia, Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco will share her experience with constituents through e-postcards. Her trip will take her to Japan, China, and Taiwan as she works to maintain relationships with investors who have projects or current investments in Louisiana while cultivating new investors exploring opportunities in the state.

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People
www.louisianahelp.org