[StBernard] Medical Records/Chalmette Hospital

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Nov 9 22:44:35 EST 2006

Craig,
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act known as HIPPA
requires Universal and any other medical establishment to guard the privacy
of electronic health care transactions. Why can't our parish government
report them to the proper federal authorities to require them to meet the
requirement of the law or be prosecuted.

On the other hand, we could have a RELIEVE STRESS day at the parking lot
where the computers are located and each of us could bring a mall and beat
the hard drives to death.
Basically this was one of the processes that the government used to dispose
of hard drives prior to disposal of their computers for scrap.

Just a thought?
Jill Dolese