[StBernard] St. Bernard Parish condemns its only hospital

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Nov 13 00:49:14 EST 2006

Anyway, there is much to be done and I know that I and the other
council
members will continue to push this action agenda>>>>>>

Thanks, and keep pushing.
Unfortunately there is no neighborhood association by us as we are pretty
alone (dont mind it, though, nice and quiet).
We do see many streets even more deserted and less taken care of than ours,
mostly in the oil area, it looks bleak.
however, I have a question. Can the un-gutted houses be reported to the same
complaint number? Or is this a separate issue. There are still a few houses
left around us ungutted (although less now), one with a pool.
I read that the involuntary demolition is starting, I am sure by next year
these other houses, taken off the list, will be re-inspected?
Dont be embarrassed, the task must be overwhelming, b ut everytime we see
something gutted or torn down or cut or windows put in, it is causes a spark
of hope.
Our parish used to be pretty, and we all knew we came back to devastation,
but there got to be progress visible to keep up the spirits.

Gaby