[StBernard] St. Bernard Parish Agrees to Halt Discriminatory ZoningRule, Fair Housing Groups Call 'Blood Relative Ordinance' Illegal

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Nov 14 23:51:07 EST 2006

Now, somehow we get déjà vu about the last stand at the Alamo. Brave people
who wished to protect their way of life, country and fellow citizens from
the onslaught of travesty and cultural obtrusiveness. A valiant effort to
slow down the poison injected into St. Bernard's neck at the base of its
skull.

Now the dominos as they may do so..fall. When the winds of change whispers
there will be a different parish coming (and not necessarily a good thing)
and ways of life are reminescently reminding us of a neighboring parish's
desperate need to push into ours is supported by outside influences to "move
over or we'll batten you down", perhaps it's time for citizens to take a
deep breath and consider their options.

Along with other variables we've faced for months since Katrina, when will
it be the moment to throw in the crying towel we've used so often in our own
desperation attempt to recover?

--jer--