[StBernard] un-demoed houses

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Nov 20 01:09:49 EST 2006

I saw one yellow sticker/red cross in Yclosky on the remnants of a house
floated into another one with an orange sticker.
I saw another one in Reggio at the church, which is on the very end of Bayou
Road near the blinking lights (used to be blinking).

There is now one on a house near mine, a house that was gutted, but then
untouched, with weeds up to the roof.
However, right next to it is a house UNgutted, with an abandoned pool.
(the one with the mystery trailer which is now gone), that should be
stickered as the people apparently wont come back.
There is another UNgutted house, but the owner claims to be on the gutting
list and on the demo list, but it has no sticker.
I dont really know why one is stickered and another one is not. I am happy
to read Dave Peralta's news that more houses will be stickered, and I saw
one taken down (on JP) just today. So it IS happening, just slow, and with
no apparent pattern.

I agree, when looking at such an abandoned ungutted house (if you can see it
t hrough the growth), a yellow or orange sticker is a welcome 'bright sign'
of progress, since the house will clearly not be repaired. And who in their
right mind would BUY one after it is soaking in mold for over a year?

Gaby