[StBernard] Shafted by LRA

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Nov 20 01:20:48 EST 2006

Welcome to the club, Sue.

We received a "still verifiying info" letter.It said that we probably won't
be eligible for anything other than 27,000-ish to elevate our current house.
They gave us a pre-Katrina value for our 1735 sq. ft house of $95,000. Our
house has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, large den, living room and kitchen. I'm not
sure how then figured in our garage--two car and laundry room. They said
that it would cost over $246,000 to restore our house. We received 123,000
between homeowners and flood. And we aren't eligible either. LRA person
said to wait until we receive final letter with the 3 options. We didn't
expect a lot--maybe the difference between what we received from insurance
and the $150,000 ceiling. Guess we need to lower our expectations. What
did we expect from yet another government agency.

Janet

Westley Annis <westley at da-parish.com> wrote:

Personal Injury, Successions, Divorce/Custody - Serving St. Bernard
Parish
Greg Noto - Attorney-at-Law
504-279-NOTO (6686)

----

Let your voice be heard!
Tell the St. Bernard Citizens Recovery Committee
what you think the future of St. Bernard should be.
Visit http://www.stbpcrc.com

Not all emails sent through this list reflect
the opinion of da-parish.com or Westley Annis
No messages distributed through this list are meant to be or should
be considered
legal advice. Please consult with your own personal attorney for any
legal
questions you may have.

Now I will have to fight with the LRA. Received my letter today,
cost to
fix my house 219,000 pre Katrina price 109,000 -30,000 for insurance
total
reward 79,000. This is on 1655 SQ. FT house 4bedrooms, 2 baths ,
kitchen,
living room, Den, laundry room total 10 rooms under one roof all
brick .
Will this never stop. How can they take 110,000 away this is suppose
to make
us whole. How can someone build a house for this?

Sue

____
DEVACAPS.com - Data Evacuation and Protection Services
Because your data is too important to leave behind
504-250-6407 sales at DEVACAPS.com http://www.DEVACAPS.com

____
Not all emails sent through this list reflect
the opinion of da-parish.com or Westley Annis

Such emails list the author in either the subject line or within the
message
itself.

THIS MESSAGE IS NOT MEANT TO BE INTERPRETED AS LEGAL ADVICE AND
SHOULD NOT BE
CONSIDERED AS SUCH.

This message is copyrighted by Westley Annis. No distribution
through
electronic, paper, or other means is permitted without the express
written
permission of Westley Annis.

StBernard mailing list
StBernard at da-parish.com
This list is provided as a free service of
da-parish.com and AskWestley.com
http://www.da-parish.com
http://www.AskWestley.com

To get your own free copy or to cancel your subscription visit
http://six.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/stbernard

Sponsored Link

Degrees online in as fast as 1 Yr - MBA, Bachelor's, Master's, Associate -
Click now to apply
<http://online.degrees.info/forms/form.jsp?ADEL=D3sPPz6WYLD7%2FD1DxMxP%2BbXo
oR4YcdmONmTWaUizNjh6q2wGRcnxuw%3D%3D&PI=y_mail_textlink>