[StBernard] LRA

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Nov 21 21:19:18 EST 2006

I received my 1st letter from LRA stating my house was only appraised for
$140,000 (surely it is under appraised), then LRA states it will cost
$288,000 to repair. LRA said I'm not eligible for the $30,000 to elevate
because Parish said not required in my area (another joke), minus $100,000
received from insurance, my estimated offer will be $40,000. After an
article in Times Picayune appeared stating LRA only true error is being too
generous with their awards (even bigger joke) they are giving $130 per sq.
ft. of living BUT in some cases including exterior porches & unattached
garages..well I received my 2nd notice of estimate ( which prompt the TP
article because of numerous error from 1st LRA ltr.) stating now that my
house is still appraised for $140,000, can qualify for $27,000 to elevate
and new cost to repair is now$232,000. Minus my insurance I still receive
$40,000. According to their calculations, I'm receiving only $83 per sq. ft
and they DID NOT include my 3 car garage which is UNDER ROOF of main home.
So pray tell.What is this jerk talking about? Of course I'm led to believe
it is ALL TALK! Another rip off of the general public. If $4 billion was
to be allocated to 128,000 estimated damaged homes and if each received full
$150,000 that comes to under $2 billion, not they get to keep 1/2 of the $4
billion right off the top. Now minus the average 30%- 40% we get leaving
them with 60% - 70% of the $2 billion. So they get all that but in the news
media we get it! Ok do the math. What are they going to do with the money
they STEAL from us? OH and lets not forget.the THEY.. how many hands are in
the pot ..local? state?federal?

Claire