[StBernard] Postal service Poydras

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Nov 26 22:39:39 EST 2006

current
operating hours of 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Chalmette Post Office
will be
reviewed for possible extension but he said there are security
issues
involved which might prevent that at this time.

That is most all good news, but I dont really 'buy' the security issue as it
is mostly the trailers that are the concern. I see post office trailers all
over the state, without padlocked and barbed wired fences around them. Those
trailers in other areas are just locked.
If these in Chalmette do in fact need a prison type fence (the barbed wire,
by the way, should point to the outside to keep people out. The way it
points to the inside, it is designed, like a jail, to keep people in) then
the fence should be moved around the four trailers and not keep us from the
po boxes.
I was pleased to see more boxes too, although I now have to learn that my
box moved. I went automatically to my old location I had for so many years
(over 20?) and now I have to search for my number. Good brain training.
BTW, our kitchen countertops came in, and they are just about the same blue
as the post office counter tops. I just like blue. Blue blue blue. Never
seen an ugly blue.

Gaby