[StBernard] LRA Award Letter

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Dec 1 23:36:07 EST 2006

Also received my 'yellow letter.' Pr-K value $95,000. Estimated damages
$246,500+, Insurance proceeds $123,000+, FEMA assistance $0.00, LRA
assistance $0.00. And yet they called to congratulate us upon reaching the
end of the application process. There was no mention of Options 2 or 3 for
relocation. They are willing, however, to give us $27,000+ to elevate our
existing home. Won't help much on the new home we are trying to get
started. Guess I'll have to see if we can use it on the new house, but I'm
guessing the answer will be no. Which would make sense--why put the funds
to a good use--towards a ICF, hurricane proof--as much as humanly possible
house, when we could go into even more debt raising an existing house! Our
fine government at work. Sure hope others are more fortunate than we were!
I would have to agree with you though, it didn't take them all that long to
tell us no--we applied late August as well.

Janet