[StBernard] Question for the list

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Dec 1 23:36:42 EST 2006

There's a store called Simple Blessings--I think in Covington--on the
service road by Hwy 190. There's also Heavenly Gifts on Hwy 22 in
Ponchatoula. And I imagine that the stores in Metairie--Mule's and there's
one a little passed Lakeside down Vets--I think it's on the street that runs
along-side Barnes and Noble. Sorry, I can't remember the name. I know they
carry a lot.

If you are interested in having your clarinet restored, you might try
calling Mr. Tom Barbry. His #'s are 504-722-7334 and 985-641-9003. He
restored an old Evette alto sax we had purchased for my daughter. It's now
in need of his services once againl--just like your clarinet. Ms.
Perry--former band director of Beauregard Middle and St. Bernard High
recommended him to me a few years ago. He is the only person she trusts to
handle her flute. I believe he also made the repairs for all of her band's
instruments. I haven't spoken with Ms. Perry in a good bit, but I seem to
recall that she had finally gotten in touch with him and had her flute
restored since the hurricane. Even though the sax didn't quite survive, we
were fortunate in that my daughter carries her Gemeinhardt flute(s) and
piccolo with her everywhere!

Good luck, I hope you can get your clarinet restored to it's former
condition. Mr. Barbry was able to do a good bit with our sax--even down to
the pearl buttons/keys!

Janet