[StBernard] History of St Bernard

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Dec 4 22:09:06 EST 2006

Janet,
yes a history room at the library would be great.
I remember an exhibit pre storm about the Great Flood and Betsy, I think it
was at Nunez? I wonder if any of that is still available, maybe digital.
Something like that should be a permanent exhibit and resource, with the K
flood now added.
That would really show how important it is to close the MRGO.
I remember Joey DiFatta brainstorming about some hurricane education center.
That could be incorporated into a library, maybe on a smaller scale,
depending on funds and space, but it would be a great thing.
Even the volunteer groups that come and help often ask on how it was, is,
will be, and are enthralled with the logistics and history of floods and
levies, their impact not only on buildings but on the community.
I can see school classes coming for a day trip to stroll through there, kids
googling info for a research paper, church groups including a visit on one
of their relief trips. Yes, the church groups will continue to come. FOr
years.

Gaby

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't
want, to impress people they don't like. -Will Rogers