[StBernard] Link to relief bloggers

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Dec 4 22:09:27 EST 2006

Hurricane Relief Trip Nov. 2006 <http://lcr-slidell2006.blogspot.com/>
is a link to a blog of some Lutheran relief volunteers who came down to help
for the THIRD time already. There are pics of Gethsemane Lutheran on Paris
Road, getting new walls.
These folks are helping to convert two of our pre K class rooms to dorms
with showers, so we can host volunteer groups for the upcoming years. THis
will help people rebuild their houses. The volunteers will be right here in
the parish and dont have to make that drive to get to the 'job sites'. We
are excited how this is coming along, helping to help, helping to get us to
get helped easier.
When you come for VBS, Pastor Jim will surely tour you to the shower and
laundry areas.

Lutheran Church of the Resurrection Cincinnati Ohio Nagel Road
<http://www.lcresurrection.org/index.html>
has a link to 'hurricane Katrina' with a movie of their earlier trips,
mostly to Slidell.
Peace Lutheran in Slidell has hosted many volunteers who came to da parish
to muck and gut, and now sheetrock (or dry wall as they call it).
Hope Lutheran in Slidell also hosted many of them.
Peace Lutheran has funneled many donated items through Gethsemane to the
parish. Many days I arrived at the church to find a sea of boxes with
goodies, waiting to be delivered down the road.
Another group will come this month and stay at Peace soon, to work at
Gethsemane. These folks are great and keep coming, ever since the first
group showed up at Gethsemane end of December, when God broke down their bus
in front of the church (they were scheduled elsewhere but started at GLC
while waiting for the bus to be repaired).

Gaby

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't
want, to impress people they don't like. -Will Rogers