[StBernard] [LANDRIEU] We Need Your Help!

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Dec 4 22:35:48 EST 2006

December 4, 2006

Dear Friends,

Tomorrow afternoon, the House of Representatives will vote on the
Domenici-Landrieu Gulf of Mexico Energy Security Act of 2006 (S. 3711), a
bill to open new areas of the Gulf and Mexico to new energy production and
share a portion of the revenues with Louisiana and other Gulf Coast states
for coastal wetlands restoration, hurricane protection, levees and flood
control. It also dedicates funding to parks and open spaces across the
nation.

Passing this bill is a top priority for our delegation and for the State of
Louisiana, which was hard hit by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita and is
continuing to see its coastline vanish by an acre every half hour.

The urgent need for a reliable funding stream for our coast will be
illustrated in a three-part series of reports to premiere in the "FOX News
Report with Shepard Smith <http://www.foxnews.com/foxreport/index.html> "
tonight at 6 p.m. CST (7 p.m. EST) on FOX News Channel
<http://www.foxnews.com/> .

Please check your local cable listings for the channel in your area. We
hope you will tune in.

As pressing as the need is for Louisiana, the fight is far from over. We
need your help as we work to achieve this important goal. The bill is vital
to the future of our state and it represents a significant increase in
America's domestic energy resources.

* It will secure reliable and affordable supplies of domestic energy.
* It will help the Gulf Coast recover from Hurricanes Katrina and
Rita.
* It will help to counterbalance the severe coastal land loss that is
impacting the entire Gulf Coast.
* It will provide the funds to build parks and secure open, green
space in all 50 states through the Land and Water Conservation Fund

We need your help. Please reach out to friends, colleagues and family in
other states and ask them to urge their Congressmen to vote in favor of S.
3711 tomorrow.

We greatly appreciate your support!

Mary Landrieu