[StBernard] Merry Christmas from Bobby

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Dec 24 17:13:40 EST 2006

December 23, 2006

Dear Friends,

As we celebrate the birth of Christ over the next few days, I wanted to take
a moment to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas. It is during this
season when we are reminded of our many blessings of family and friends.

I look forward to spending the next few days with my family and continuing a
new tradition for us that was started last year by my oldest child.

Ever since they were young we shared the Nativity story with our children.

Last Christmas we were sitting around the Christmas tree watching our
children explore the gifts they had received when my three-year-old daughter
looked at me and asked when we were having birthday cake.

"Birthday cake?" I asked.

She proceeded to tell me that it was Jesus' birthday and that we needed a
birthday cake. After unsuccessfully trying to reason with her, I realized
that my daughter was right. We did need a birthday cake. So my family spent
the next hour in the kitchen baking a cake to celebrate Jesus' birth.

As we sometimes get caught up in the hustle and bustle of this time of year,
it can sometimes take looking through the wonderment of a child's eyes to
remind us for the reason of this celebration.

May you find peace and joy as you spend time with your family and friends.

Merry Christmas,
Bobby