[StBernard] Governor Blanco Announces Road Home Changes

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Dec 24 17:14:46 EST 2006

John you said "Oh, big reminder: it is my understanding a pre-Katrina
market value appraisal is only beneficial to you if you are looking at a
"buy out" - selling out to the LRA. If you are
looking to rebuild, then I don't believe you need an appraisal - the LRA is
going to send out someone who works basically like an insurance adjuster to
determine how much it is going to cost to get your home renovated."

Unless something has changed, they take the lower figure of the pre-k value
or the repair cost then start subtracting. So undervaluing houses has been
a problem for everyone I know that has gotten a golden ticket so far.

Randy