[StBernard] Governor Blanco Announces Road Home Changes

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Dec 24 17:15:37 EST 2006

Call or email me if I be of assistance to you. Oh, big reminder:
it is my
understanding a pre-Katrina market value appraisal is only
beneficial to you
if you are looking at a "buy out" - selling out to the LRA. If you
are
looking to rebuild, then I don't believe you need an appraisal - the
LRA is
going to send out someone who works basically like an insurance
adjuster to

Thanks for that reminder. B ut why do they calcuate a pre K value, then
renovation cost? We already live in our house, unfinished but almost there.
Now hubby did it himself and HIS labor wont count for it. I'll see what they
want when I go to the appointment next month. I dont expect anything as we
have no contractor, but if any comes from it, that would be great.
Thanks for the details. Gives me a good idea.

Gaby

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't
want, to impress people they don't like. -Will Rogers