[StBernard] Road Home property buyouts-what happens

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Dec 26 23:27:05 EST 2006

Thanks for the info Craig and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

The 25% low income is going to be a dilema. Do you place it all in one area
causing (probably) suburban blight or do you spread it around different
places, or does the parish have a say-so.

I'm not totally against the idea of low-income housing. It could be
marketed as starter homes for young couples. However, it's something that
could go either way.

Jim York

Hey Jim,

Merry Christmas. Just checking the email while I am waiting for the
children to awaken.

Anyway, the parish has a Housing, Quality of Life, and Redevelopment
Authority established. It is made up of the council (or an
appointee), the
president (or his appointee), and the sheriff (or his appointee).

this would be the agency to handle such matters. I have some real
concerns
about packaging properties for a profit for the LRA to decide what
to do
with the money from the very properties that they "forced" sale on
to begin
with if the LRA does not fix their calculation/valuation problems.

all should remember that the LRA action plan calls for 25% of the
acquired
properties to be used for low income housing.

Good luck and God Bless,
Craig