[StBernard] Your LouisianaRebuilds.info Newsletter

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Dec 26 23:35:58 EST 2006

Lousiana Rebuilds <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/>

LouisianaRebuilds.info <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info> is an
information web portal that is your central source for rebuilding and
planning information and links to resources both in Louisiana and around the
country.

New Section Added to Louisianarebuilds.info: Public Safety

Access NOPD crime maps, crime forums, and police logs on the new Public
Safety section of LouisianaRebuilds.info. Keep up to date with issues in
wetlands and levee protection, and find hurricane preparedness information
as well. Click here <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/publicsafety> to
visit the new Public Safety section.

New in Homeowners

The Hope for Homeowners
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/homeowners#financial/> program can help
homeowners facing foreclosure with assistance and resources to help you get
back on track. Call the home ownership hotline at 1-888-995-HOPE for
immediate assistance 24/7.

Road Home Rethinks Appraisals
<http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpage/index.ssf?/base/news-7/1166687735146
230.xml&coll=1>
Times Picayune
12/21/2006

Road Home Feedback <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/homeowners#financial>
Read what people are saying about the Road Home program.

New in Business Assistance

Louisiana Small Business Retention Program
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/business#assistance>
The LRA and the Department of Economic Development have announced a proposal
to use recovery funds to create a $100 million grant program for small
businesses. Pending final approval of the proposed amendment, the state
expects to begin accepting applications in early January 2007. Sign up
through the Louisiana Department of Economic Development to be notified when
the program is open.

New in our Contractor Guide

Common Ground Free Legal Clinic in New Orleans
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/contractor#hire>
Every Saturday from 12-3 PM the Common Ground Collective offers free legal
advice and contract review services at 1415 Franklin Avenue and North
Robertson. Assistance is available only with an in-person visit.

New in Local Services

Recycling in New Orleans
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/localservices#debris>
Recycling in New Orleans is now available. Download this directory to find
out where you can recycle in the New Orleans area.

News

State cops, Guard to remain in N.O.
<http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/capital/index.ssf?/base/news-4/116608474416325
0.xml&coll=1>
Times Picayune
12/14/2006

Millions earmarked to create housing
<http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpage/index.ssf?/base/news-7/1166083342139
300.xml&coll=1>
Times Picayune
12/14/2006

New recovery chief sees chance to transform city
<http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpage/index.ssf?/base/news-7/1165560510312
270.xml&coll=1>
Times Picayune
12/08/2006

Featured Story

Louisianarebuilds.info <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info> is collecting
the personal stories of Louisianans who are rebuilding their lives, homes,
and communities. Whether you are searching for answers, need an outlet for
your own rebuilding experience, or you want to share lessons learned, please
share your story with the online community of LouisianaRebuilds.info.
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info>

Here's a recent story from Lynell of Clinton, LA:
Where do I begin! I am the mother and spouse of two military men both
active. During the week of the storm I was operated on and left with
stitches still in me, and was NOT going to evaluate. My father insisted on
leaving and asked me not to stay and to leave with them. I knew I would have
to drive. My father is extremely nervous and my mother can't drive. An army
soldier after serving 3 yrs in Iraq consecutively, my husband was again
deployed this time to Egypt--his second time there the day before the
hurricane, which left me alone. My son was serving as a marine in Africa at
that time. Sick and helpless through the grace of GOD I got the strength to
drive. We evacuated to Florida to find them in a worse condition. They had
not rebuilt since the last 4 hurricanes. I was considered missing and my son
had the U.S. Marines contact CNN where I heard my name was displayed as
missing.

Read More of Her Story by clicking here
<http://louisianarebuilds.grassroots.com/stories/?storyId=5736850> .

Share Your Story

Do you want to tell your story? Please, take a minute and share your story
with other Louisianans now.

Share Your Own Story
<http://louisianarebuilds.grassroots.com/shareyourstory/?lk=5430994-5430994-
0-24704-REBelJ24v6cVVZbk9Hixg1qRgpH3ePL1>

Read Other Stories
<http://louisianarebuilds.grassroots.com/stories/?lk=5430994-5430994-0-24704
-REBelJ24v6cVVZbk9Hixg1qRgpH3ePL1>