[StBernard] Road Home changing how it sets home values

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Dec 28 16:22:09 EST 2006

Butch,

If you sold your home for less than the appraised value, got 25K from
insurance and moved within LA, it is worth it to apply for the Road Home
money. It sounds as if you have already purchased a new home so applying
for the Road Home money will just help you to pay down a note.

JLY

.
Help Ya'll,

I have a question, here's hoping someone has an answer. I have the
standard
Pre-Katrina appraisal done by John Scurich. I recieved recieved an
insurance

settlement for about 65% of the appraised value. I sold the home for

$10,000. That leaves me about $25,000 dollars short of appraised
value. I
relocated to Ponchatoula, La.
My question is; Is it worth the headaches to apply for the Road
Home? What
are the requirements for the forgiveable loan? Can it be used to pay
down my

mortgage here?
I have been very hesistant to go through all of the heartaches just
to be
told that I won't get anything.
What has been your experiences?

God Bless,