[StBernard] Archdiocese

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Dec 30 10:15:24 EST 2006

Deborah,

The way the Archidiocese treated St. Bernard parish is a travesty! Take
what's good and leave the trash behind. Perhaps we should all become
Episcopalians-high church.

Jim York

If it were not for Westley's posting, I would have never known about
the St.
Mark statues going north. Although I am glad that they are safe,
clean,
secure and being used for their intended purposes (who knows what
might have
become of them the way the Arch. left church property), it annoys me
that
the Arch never thought to have OLPS put a note in the parish
bulletin about
it just to let the Catholics of St. Bernard know how the assets were
being
re-distributed.

What happened to the baseball field lights at Hannan that the
PARENTS
donated out of their St. Bernard pockets to light the baseball field
just a
little while before Katrina? They are gone now, too. Not a word
about that
in the Clarion Herald either or OLPS bulletin. I doubt they all blew
down
while the older football stadium lights remained. But maybe they'll
re-appear at OLPS!

In the future, I'll donate my time, talent, and treasure to causes
that
can't simply take them away with no regard, no respect, and no
concern
towards the those who worked so hard to provide physical assets to
an
institution. To add further insult, the institution leaves much of
its
damaged assets festering in our community for 18 months, as though
we like
to be reminded of how much we are cared about.

Archbishop, I'm anxiously awaiting your visit to OLPS in January!

ddk