[StBernard] Archdiocese

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Dec 30 10:44:46 EST 2006

ddk,

I am of the understanding that the cross from St. Mark that Capt. Poche of
the Sheriff's department help erect at Paris Rd will be returned to St.
Bernard after it is finished being fixed. I do not know of the status of
the rest of the statues. Your sentiments about the archdiocese leading from
the rear have been expressed several times to what seems to have been deaf
ears. I am in the midst of discussions about the property at Hannan (which
would be a thriving school again, if it had been given a chance) and the
manor which the archdiocese indicated that they wanted to change the use of
two of the three buildings to workforce housing.

Anyway, for all those Chrisitians out there, Catholics included, keep the
faith, remember that our salvation is in Jesus Christ no matter how good or
not so good our leaders perform their vocation. Just as in residents
dealing with government at all levels, the individuals make the difference.

Good luck and God Bless,
Craig