[StBernard] Governor Blanco calls for Day of Prayer to honor late President Ford

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jan 1 21:00:18 EST 2007

Governor Blanco calls for Day of Prayer to honor late President Ford

BATON ROUGE, LA-Today, Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco announced Tuesday, January 2 will be a Day of Prayer for the state of Louisiana in remembrance of the late President Gerald R. Ford as he is laid to rest.

"President Gerald Ford gave so much of himself to the people of our country," Gov. Blanco said. "When our nation needed healing, President Ford unselfishly took the oath of office and offered courageous leadership. I urge Louisianans to join me in prayer as we honor the life and legacy of this great American as he is laid to rest."

Last week, immediately following President Bush's order to lower the American flags on federal buildings, Gov. Blanco ordered U.S. and state flags to be flown at half mast for 30 days over state buildings in honor of Pres. Ford, America's 38th president.

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People
www.louisianahelp.org