[StBernard] Governor Blanco issues official thank you to Saints, calls on citizens to support and thank Louisian

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jan 5 23:18:58 EST 2007

Governor Blanco issues official thank you to Saints, calls on citizens to support and thank Louisiana's team

BATON ROUGE - As New Orleans players, coaches and staff members return to work to begin preparations for their second round playoff game, they will receive a formal thank you from Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco on behalf of the people of Louisiana. Today Gov. Blanco also launched an online initiative enabling fans to offer their own personal thank you to the team.

"How 'bout them Saints? This magical season has energized diehard Saints fans and all of Louisiana," Governor Blanco said. "We are so proud of the entire Saints organization. The team returned home to Louisiana determined to succeed. Players and coaches continue to give so much of themselves on and off the field to our people and communities."

The Governor issued official statements of appreciation to each individual player, coach and member of the Saints organization for their heart, determination, generosity and commitment to the state and its people the day of the team's last regular season home game.

Today the Governor launched "Thank the Saints", a program through which fans can write personal thank you messages for the Saints organization. Fans can access the page through Gov. Blanco's official site, www.gov.state.la.us < http://www.gov.state.la.us> . These messages will be displayed at The Shops at Canal Place (333 Canal Street) late next week as New Orleans prepares to host the Saints' second-round playoff game.

"We now invite every Saints fan wherever they may be to join in this special time for Louisiana and Louisiana's team," Gov. Blanco said. "Let's show the Saints how much we appreciate them and stand with them as they go marching in --- and on to victory!"

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People
www.louisianahelp.org