[StBernard] Question

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jan 12 22:33:33 EST 2007

We went to Road Home the other night, the lady told us that they estimate
the homes at 130. sq ft., I am assuming that they mean rebuild price, that
is the only amount she would give us, she said it is straight and across the
board no matter where you lived.

I know from the figures that people are getting there is no way 130. sq ft
is pre- Katrina value.

Has anyone out there actually received money yet?

I have also heard that if you paid cash for a new home even in Louisiana you
are put at the bottom of the list. Does anyone know if this is true?

I really think that someone really needs to clarify the actual handling of
the LRA money so people are not in the dark and know when they can expect to
be paid. Many people have put there life savings into new property with
hope to recover something for the future (in cash) not promises. Why should
people be put at the end of the line, I understand if they moved out of
state, but even then they are entitled to recovery of some form, they have
had their lives put on hold as well as everyone else, so they make them wait
until the very last and if there is anything left then they get something.
If the program was designed to pay up to a max of 150,000 per household
where is the money going that they may not have enough to pay people. Not
everyone is getting 150,000.

Maybe I am just not understand the entire Road Home Program.

Dianne