[StBernard] How to make the 8-29 Commission happen

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Jan 14 17:52:15 EST 2007

Call To Action

Momentum for the 8-29 Commission to
investigate the Levee Failures is growing fast!

We need the 8-29 Commission because the Corps of Engineers investigated
itself in the original study, a clear conflict of interest. Meanwhile, the
results of this inadequate study are being used as the blueprint for our
future flood protection. An independent look at our flood system will
prevent further loss of lives and livelihoods due to faulty federal flood
protection.

Democrats and Republicans are backing this idea, but we in Louisiana know
only too well we cannot sit back and hope. We must be pro-active and make
this happen.

Five Ways that You can make the 8-29 Commission happen:

Sign the petition. <http://levees.org/campaigns/> Forward it to your
friends.

Collect hard copy signatures.
For a hard copy of the petition, click here
<http://levees.org/members/printouts.php> . Offer it when you meet someone
without internet. Directions on where to mail complete petitions and when is
on the petition itself.

Volunteer to Canvas.
"Canvassing" means devoting a little time strictly to collecting signatures.
This can be done at shopping malls, churches, street corners, book clubs,
almost anywhere. Click here if you have questions <mailto:vince at levees.org>
or need help with canvassing.

Invite your favorite shopkeeper to display a petition.
Storeowners are often happy to accommodate their patrons and allow them to
display a petition at their checkout counter. You won't know if you don't
ask.

Put a link to Levees.Org's petition on your email signature.
Click here <http://www.levees.org/campaigns/> for the link.

**Thank you for your help in making the 8-29 Commission real. This is
important for every citizen both in south Louisiana and every state with
federal flood protection.

Sandy Rosenthal
Founder, Levees.Org
www.levees.org <http://www.levees.org/>