[StBernard] Rep. Hutter/Community Meeting

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jan 17 23:45:35 EST 2007

REPRESENTATIVE HUTTER ANNOUNCES NEXT COMMUNITY MEETING

State Representative Nita Rusich Hutter and the St. Bernard Chamber
announces their second collaborative community meeting, scheduled for
Saturday, February 3 from 10:00 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. at Nunez Community
College. The meeting will be located in the Auditorium in the Arts and
Science Building.

Senator David Vitter will present up-to-date information regarding the
closure of the Mississippi River Gulf Outlet (MRGO). "We appreciate Senator
Vitter attending the town hall meeting to discuss the status of the MRGO, as
he has been a strong supporter of the closure. Although the State has no
oversight of the MRGO, I was proud to have sponsored a number of resolutions
memorializing Congress to either direct the Corps of Engineers not to engage
in dredging activities on the MRGO or to take such actions as are necessary
to immediately close the MRGO. We are appreciative of Senator Vitter's
commitment to our community's concerns, "stated Representative Hutter.

In order to plan for the day, please notify the Chamber at 504-250-6121
or stbernardhchamber at yahoo.com or call Rep. Hutter's office at 504-361-6684
or e-mail to larep104 at legis.state.la.us.