[StBernard] Road Home Weekly Program Update

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jan 20 21:26:58 EST 2007

Laurie, I thought I had replied about this to someone, but here goes.

The same thing happened to me. Strange to hear that the options letters have
"gone out" and I didn't receive it after 2 1/2 months, so I placed a call to
the BENEFIT ELECTIONS area (1-888-762-3252, then English <that's another
subject for later<G>), then Option 6 to speak to the rep. Tell them you wish
to speak to the Benefit Elections area rep. When you're transferred over,
mention your situation and ask them to send a copy of that Options letter to
you for signing/evaluation. (as they did me). It wasn't "yellow", but I
didn't call because it had color to it <G>.

I completed mine about 2 weeks ago and heard this week from a caller who
wanted clarification, then said the next step was closing (as we suppose,
4-6 weeks or less). I'll keep in touch when it happens. I expect to appeal
(and perhaps everyone might due to a re-evaluation/corrections, etc.)
afterwards so that it won't slow me down to get immediate funding.

I'm wondering if anyone here (outside of the initial trial run) has gotten
to closing and bucks paid??

--jer--

JF and all,

I also want to vent. We went to our Road Home appointment over 10 weeks
ago!! We have heard nothing yet. No letter, no nothing. We had all our
paperwork and documentation that was required and we presented it to them
was in a very clear and organized way. The person that went out to inspect
our property went out 2 days after our appointment. He called us to let us
know. At our appointment the road home representative told us it should
take about 6 weeks to recieve our award option letter. Well nothing. I
have gone on line to check the status of our application and it is in the
verification phase. It has been in that phase for most of the 10 weeks. I
called my Road home contact and she said it is out of her hands now, that
she only collects the information. I don't know what to do next, if
anything. Is this long enough to wait or do I give them more time to
contact me. I think something must be wrong for it to take so long, or is
this just how it is for everyone?

Laurie