[StBernard] televise the meetings

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jan 23 18:52:55 EST 2007

We really need to get televised council meetings on the air again. As posted
in an earlier email, that
may not be something many elected officials would want re-instated. I would
have had a keen interest in the council meeting yesterday to have heard why
Henderson wasn't able to attend and why Difatta left the meeting before the
vote. If anyone was in attendance, please share with us. You can't fault an
elected official for voting for or against an issue, which vote you may be
in disagreement. We elect our representatives, they vote on issues, and we
decide each term whether to re-elect. But when elected officials aren't
present for a vote, concerned citizens would at least like to know why, and
the T-P didn't say why in today's article.

ddk