[StBernard] Demolition

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jan 27 14:51:35 EST 2007

the latest update on demolition is that there are about 600 in the
oil spill
area and about 200 - 300 left otherwise. I'll be making a more
comprehensive release shortly.

Well that is quite a progress from the thousands still due last fall.
Seeing a sewer truck on every corner and blocked roads because of a
demolition have become quite 'normal' sights. Will I ever be normal again
and expect clean streets and manicured lawns, flowers in yards when turning
a corner? Yes, yes yes, I will be. One day. But now I still expect the
devastation when looking, so I wont be disappointed when expecting anything
else, and when I see a pretty front yard, I rejoice. (got to take some time
to do my own flowers again).

Gaby

The "Road Home" is paved with good intentions......