[StBernard] LRA and oil spill

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Feb 1 00:08:57 EST 2007

How many times have we read and heard officials saying that the Murphy oil
spill had no impact
to LRA awards? I have gone to the LRA appt for myself and my parents and my
in-law. At none of these three appts were we asked if we had settled with
Murphy or not (we had and could have provided the settlement documents if it
mattered) On FOX 8 tonight they reported that the state says that since the
class action lawsuit is being settled, the LRA can now send the finalized
award letters to all those in the class action and original oil spill
areas.(scream now)
So does this mean that someone thought it mattered enough to not release our
award letters for the homes east of Paris Road between the river and the 40
arpent canal? Why? And if they could explain why, then all they had to do
is tell those who settled with Murphy to bring proof of claim. I don't know
of anyone in this area who has received their award letter, do you? ddk