[StBernard] Knee-Jerk Comment

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Feb 2 18:55:01 EST 2007

Hi Gaby,

I thought about your comments and Junior's and I think you're right. I know
how much our family misses the camp my husband built on the Horseshoe--off
of the Violet Canal. I have no doubt that my husband misses the camp more
than the house. And my daughter is heartbroken at the thought that her Dad
won't ever rebuild it. Being a transplant and not having grown up on the
water like my husband and daughter, it's easier for me although I miss
sitting on the porch enjoying the breeze and a really good book. For them I
think the love of the water is a genetic trait! I only hope that one day
before we're too old to enjoy it we can build it back. I think that's what
Junior was trying to convey. It's an intangible thing we have--love for our
parish--even with all of its faults and devastation.

Janet