[StBernard] Adviser: State Sen. Boasso sure to run for governor

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Feb 4 12:33:26 EST 2007

I think Walter is great, but I like my chances of hitting the Powerball
better than his defeating Bobby Jindal. I'm thinking this is exactly what
Blanco is hoping for to have to good alternatives duke it out against one
another is she ends up winning by theory of divide and conquer. I think
most Louisiana voters are going to be thinking this time around they're not
going to take a chance and waste their vote. They're going to go with who
they know can beat Blanco.

The annoucement said it was Walter's campaign adviser that made the
statement. Obviously, Walter doesn't have a very honest campaign adviser.
If he did, he would tell him he cannot win the governor's race. I think
those campaign consultants tell candidates what they want to hear just so
they can make a ton of money off them. Someone who is close to Walter needs
to have a good, honest and realistic talk with him before he blows millions
of dollars on a race he can't win. Don't misunderstand I think Walter would
make the best governor, but this time around people in other areas of the
state who do not know him are not going to take the time to since they know
they have a strong candidate like Jindal.

Why doesn't Walter cut a deal with Jindal to support him and in return
Jindal would nominate Walter to be his Senate President. St. Bernard could
greatly benefit from that. I just don't want to see him lose the governor's
race and then we also lose him as our state senator. There will be future
governor races for Walter.

DER